Creating cover for an outdoor patio on the canals
The owners of this beautiful Port Bouvard holiday home had a problem – An outdoor patio overlooking the beautiful canals, without cover, making it almost unusable at various times throughout the year.
Feeling dissatisfied about not being able to make use of their outdoor patio on their holidays, they contacted Soltex for a solution.
The potential problems
From there being no existing structure to work with, strict guidelines, heritage listings, firm design principles and local council laws, this was never going to be a simple project with a simple solution.
However, as Soltex are all about finding solutions, they found one.
The Soltex Solution
After reviewing, brainstorming and planning, the Soltex team decided to put the following solutions into place:
- Design and build a new timber structure to integrate the retractable roof systems, with timber designed to integrate seamlessly into the home.
- Install two Soltex Retractable Roof Systems integrated into the new timber structure.
- Install a Flyloc alfresco blind to reduce exposure to rain or sun.
- Design the solutions in such a way as to blend in with the existing structure and not impact the aesthetics of the home.
- Arrange for the system to be completely automated with remote controls.
- Add LED lights for that extra touch to complement canal gazing and entertaining.
All this, meant that this family could now make use of their outdoor patio (which is now a fully functioning outdoor retractable room) throughout their holiday stays with all year-round weather protection. They can now entertain or just enjoy a peaceful dinner and drink overlooking the canals, without having to worry about the change of weather.