Helping a Northbridge restaurant maximise business
The owners of this up and coming popular Northbridge restaurant had a problem – An outdoor area without cover, making it almost unusable during some parts of the year, thus losing The Hummus Club potential business when the indoor portion of the restaurant is at full capacity.
Feeling worried about the possible consequences of this problem and wanting to maximise their business, they contacted Soltex for a solution.
The potential problems
From there being no option for the solution to be permanent, to having to abide by MRA and Heritage guidelines and it being a large area with low overhead clearance, it wasn’t going to be an easy solution.
However, as Soltex are all about finding solutions, they once again were able to find one.
The Soltex Solution
After reviewing, brainstorming and planning, the Soltex team decided to put the following solutions into place:
- Install two large Laguna folding arm awnings with custom steel brackets to reinforce outside walls and achieve greater height clearance.
- Install 8+ meter awnings to allow for maximum coverage.
- Install the awnings on an angle and fully seal for maximum sun and rain protection.
- Design the awnings in such a way as to blend in with the existing structure and not impact the aesthetics of the building.
- Fully automate with wind sensors.
All this, now means that the outdoor area of the Hummus Club has all year-round protection from the rain and sun which complies with MRA and Heritage regulations and has provided them with increased customer capacity, making them very happy customers.